Accounting Math Professional
Accounting Math Professional
Website Short Description
This program takes students through the fundamentals of algebra and statistics as well as their endless applications. Students will learn to solve multiple types of equations including both linear and quadratic functions and master the skills necessary to solve challenging word problems, including actual scenarios one encounters on the job. Further, this program will ensure students gain the skills necessary to perform complex statistical analysis of selected samples, understand how to choose the most applicable samples for study and draw conclusions from the analysis pulled from various data sets. Students will learn to gather multiple answers to questions posed every day in business using statistical distributions, probabilities, confidence intervals and more! Once able to build applicable statistical models and interpret the data pulled together, these skills will serve students in their careers for years to come.
This program presents students with the key concepts of college-level algebra and statistics. Students will be introduced to solving equations and inequalities, functions (including linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic). Further, this program will offer students the skills necessary to interpret and critically evaluate statistics commonly used to describe, predict, and evaluate data in an information-driven environment.
There are no specific prerequisites for this program. Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
• Processes used in manipulating algebraic expressions
• Algebraic equations and inequalities
• The relationship between functions and graphs illustrating functions
• Polynomial and rational functions
• Exponential and logarithmic functions
• Techniques to solve systems of linear equations and inequalities
• Sequences and series
• Factorial functions
• The fundamentals of a statistical study
• Data sets and their measures in different forms
• Descriptive statistics to describe and make statements about the data set
• Probabilities outcomes
• Normal distributions and calculations using z-scores
• Inferential statistical tests for describing population parameters
• Confidence intervals and interpreting population means
• Formulating null and research hypotheses for claims made about population means
• Statistical techniques to test a hypothesis
• Linear associations for a set of paired data
• The chi-square test of independence
• Using Excel to organize data and to calculate and interpret statistical tests
This course is for anyone wanting to learn advanced math skills for accounting professionals.
Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader
NOTE: Students should already have Microsoft Excel on their computer. The software is not provided as part of the course.