Certified Professional Medical Coder with OB/GYN Specialization
Certified Professional Medical Coder with OB/GYN Specialization
Website Short Description
This multimedia-rich program is specifically designed for any individual who wants to become a medical coder with an OB/GYN specialization. If you want to enter this field with an entry-level medical coding job, then this OB/GYN specialization course is ideal for you. Furthermore, existing professionals in the industry can also use this program as an opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills and potentially advance in their careers.
This all-inclusive and user-friendly program will provide you with the necessary knowledge and comprehensive training experience so that you can become a valuable healthcare professional. The program is divided into five sections. These include:
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Medical Coding
3. ICD-10 Coding
4. Medical Terminology
5. Obstetrics and Gynecology
In this program, you will develop skills in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and more. You’ll also learn how to code properly by using the current ICD,HCPCS, and CPT systems.
We also provide you with an exam voucher for the prestigious Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national certification exam by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AACP). This program also gives you a voucher for the OB/GYN Specialty exam. You’ll also receive a year-long membership to AAPC.
Thus, with this program, you’ll be able to secure a job as a professional medical coder at hospital facilities, ambulatory facilities, and private practice offices.
Module 1: Medical Terminology
• The structure of medical terms
• The differences between prefix and suffix
• Testing and radiology using medical terminology
• The different body systems in relation to medical terminology
Module 2: Anatomy & Physiology
• Introduction to Body Structure and Organization
• The Integumentary System
• The Skeletal System
• The Muscular System
• The Nervous System and Special Senses
• The Cardiovascular System
• The Immune System
• The Respiratory System
• The Digestive System
• The Urinary System
• The Endocrine System
• The Reproductive Systems
Module 3: Medical Practice Foundations
• Healthcare Fundamentals
• Communication in Healthcare
Module 4: In-depth medical coding
• Medical Documentation and Record Keeping
• The Evolution of Medical CPT and ICD
• Medical Coding CPT - Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory Systems
• Medical Coding CPT - Cardiovascular, Digestive, Endocrine, Nervous Systems
• Medical Coding CPT - Evaluation Management, Medicine, HCPCS Modifiers
• Medical Coding CPT - Anesthesia, Pathology, Radiology SCORM package
• Accurate Medical Coding and Insurance Forms
• Medical Regulations Governing Legal and Ethical Standards
• Applying Medico-legal Principles to PHI
Module 5: Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Vaginal Health
• Breast Cancer
Medical coding is the lifeblood of the entire healthcare industry. Medical coders are required to have a good understanding of anatomy and physiology, the disease process, and clinical procedures in order to apply the correct codes that make up health records, claims, and the business side of medicine. This program is targeted at individuals seeking the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in the fast growing field of medical coding. The training in this program is ideal for both entry level professionals looking to start out in the field and those professionals currently working in the field who are looking to either advance their skills or prepare to sit for an industry certification.
After completing this program students will be prepared to sit for the AAPC's Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam. Included in the program tuition is a voucher for the certification exam, one year membership fee to AAPC, and the recommended CPT, ICD, and HSPCS manuals (included manuals are AAPC approved for use during the certification exam).
The CPC examination consists of questions regarding the correct application of ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes used for billing professional medical services to insurance companies. Examinees must also demonstrate knowledge on proper modifier use, coding guidelines and regulatory rules.
A CPC must have at least two years medical coding experience (member's with an apprentice designation are not required to have two years medical coding experience.) Membership is required to be renewed annually and 36 Continuing Education Units (CEU's) must be submitted every two years for verification and authentication of expertise.
Due to the level of expertise required of medical coders, AAPC expects certified coders to be able to perform not only in an exam setting but also in the real world. In addition to passing the certification exam, coders will also be required to demonstrate on-the-job coding experience. Those who pass the CPC exam but have not yet met this requirement will be designated as an Apprentice (CPC-A) on their certificate.
CPC-A Status: Members with an Apprentice designation are still required to submit annual CEUs while completing the coding job requirement.
Must schedule examination four weeks in advance
While there is no requirement, we strongly recommend that the candidate has at least two years of experience in the specialty. Please be aware that these are difficult, high-level examinations.
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
Though this course is self-paced, it is supported by a client adviser. Client advisers are available to answer student questions and monitor student progress to ensure completion of the course. Motivating and encouraging students, the client adviser gives students inspiration to succeed.
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
PC Software Requirements
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader
No customer reviews for the moment.