Certified Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Website Short Description
This interactive and multimedia-rich course is designed for people who don’t have any experience in the healthcare industry. With that said, it can also be an excellent opportunity for existing professionals to increase their knowledge on the subject.
This pharmacy technician course will cover how to:
• Handle prescription requests
• Measure medications
• Package and label prescriptions
• Work with patient records
• Process prescription insurance claims
Our program includes a range of assessment requirements for our students. This way, you can ensure that you’re ready to make a name for yourself when you begin your career.
Once you complete this course and become a pharmacy technician, you can secure a job in a retail pharmacy or hospital pharmacy. In addition to that, you can also work alongside a registered pharmacist in a laboratory.
Our program also includes an exam voucher and prep material for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) exam by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Your certification is the first step to advancing your career as a pharmacist or healthcare professional. Also, the continual development of drugs has increased the demand for pharmacy technicians, making the job market even more competitive. So, certification can greatly improve your opportunities for landing a job as a pharmacy technician.
This program does not have any prerequisites.
Module 1: Healthcare Fundamentals
• The History of Healthcare
• Healthcare Etiquette
• Professional Situations and Applications
Module 2: Communication in Healthcare
• Healthcare Teams
• Team Success
Module 3: Medical Documentation and Record Keeping: HIPAA
• Use and Disclosure
• Real Life Scenarios
• HIPAA Laws, Policies, and Requirements
Module 4: OSHA Infection Control Compliance
• Introduction to Infection Control
• Personal Protection
• Protection of the Office Environment
• Instruments, Specialized Equipment & Laboratory Specimens
• Infectious Patients & Healthcare Workers
• Waste Management Plan
• Chemical Disinfection
• Heat Sterilization
• Exposure Control
• General Safety Standards
• Employee Training
• OSHA'S Required Records
Module 5: Medical Terminology
• Word Structure
• Prefix, Root Word, and Suffix
• Organization of the Body
• Diagnostic Testing and Radiology
Module 6: Anatomy & Physiology
• Anatomy and Physiology Basics
• The Musculoskeletal System
• The Integumentary System
• The Digestive System
• The Urinary System
Module 7: Pharmacy Practice and Federal Requirements
• Legal, Ethical, and Regulatory Responsibilities
• The Pharmacy Technician Role
• The Pharmacy Setting and Operations
Module 8: Medications
• Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration
• Drug Information References
• Drug Classifications
• Over the Counter Medications
• Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Module 9: Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
• Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding
• Medication Safety and Error Prevention
Module 10: Order Entry and Processing
• Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding
• Pharmacy Billing and Inventory Management
Module 11: Math Calculations
• Introduction to Basic Math Skills
• Measurements and Conversions
• Calculations with Prescriptions and Medication Orders
• Special Medication Calculations
This program is ideal for individuals with no previous pharmacy or healthcare experience as well as individuals working in healthcare who wish to further their knowledge, skills, and potential advance their career. This program is also targeted towards individuals currently working in a pharmacy setting who are looking to further their career by obtaining their pharmacy technician certification.
Included in this program is the PTCB's CPhT certification exam practice test and an exam voucher.
The CPhT is the gold standard of credentialing for pharmacy technicians. PTCB® offers the CPhT certification to individuals who wish to distinguish themselves in the pharmacy technician field. PTCB’s certification program enables technicians to work more effectively with pharmacists to offer safe and effective patient care and service. Most employers prefer, and many require, that their pharmacy technicians be CPhTs.
Validated achievement and knowledge
Improved employment opportunities
Potential for higher salary
Understanding of pharmacy law
Prestige among coworkers
High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma)
Passing score on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
Full disclosure of all criminal and State Board of Pharmacy registration or licensure actions
Compliance with all applicable PTCB certification policies
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader
No customer reviews for the moment.